September 7, 2020
Join us as we gather together in our Church building, beginning Sunday Septmber 13, 2020 at 10:30AM.
Everyone is Welcome.
We, the Pastor and Deacons, thank you for your continued faithfulness since the closure in March. We’ve met periodically throughout the summer to assess our “return to congregational worship” options and at this time we feel the groundwork has be laid for a safe “gathering of the saints.”
As we plan our return to congregational worship, things will be a little different format until the risks are reduced. As you consider rejoining with us consider the following;
• If you have concerns about your health consistent with syptoms of Covid please stay home until such time as you’re assured your syptoms are not Covid related.
• For you information the Church has taken additional precautions to minimize the potential spread of the Covid-19 virus. We are instructing all who can wear a mask to do so. Feel free to bring your own mask. If you forget, we have a supply on hand.
• Please enter by the double (main) door, proceed to first available seating filling from the front pew. Family “bubbles” can sit together, however we are instructing non-associated people to maintain approximately 2m social distancing as they become seated. At the end of the service, the congregation will be directed to exit by the front door and proceed to the second exit beyond the Pastor’s Office to the Parking Area. We ask that you continue to your vehicles and not congregate immediately near the entrance.
• We won’t be singing (with our voices) at this time
The plans and precautions will continually be evaluated by the Deacons for your safety but our hope is that these measures will permit us to meet again in a safe and responsible manner.
March 15, 2020 4:00PM
To: Those attending Elliot Lake Fellowship Baptist Church
From: Board of Deacons
Sunday Services and all other meetings scheduled for ELFBC are being suspended until the concerns over public congregating and the special risk to those over 65 years of age are diminished. The Board will update the website as the status of meetings changes.
As a group we are committed to monitoring the COVID-19 situation and responding to information as it is released. We will review notifications from the World Health Organization, the Ministry of Health and our local Public Health districts. We will remain vigilante as we navigate our response to the virus.
Public Health Ontario is indicating that the number of cases is changing; however, the risk to Ontarians is still considered low.
If you are ill, or experiencing symptoms, please stay home. The Ministry of Health lists COVID-19 symptoms as fever or cough or difficulty breathing. Anyone who is ill and who must visit a health care professional is required to call ahead and advise of their potential respiratory illness. Advise them of any travel you may have taken.
If you suspect you may have COVID-19 please contact your local health unit, your medical practitioner or Telehealth Ontario 1.866.797.0000. They will advise you on appropriate measures.
If your condition warrants self-quarantine, please refrain from attending services and meetings.
To reduce your risk to COVID-19:
• Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
• Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Finally, if you have been recommended to self-quarantine or monitor by a physician and wish to contact the Pastor or Deacons please reach out by phone or email and we will get back. We encourage you to also review information available on the Fellowship Website.